Danenberger Family Vineyards
12341 Irish Road, New Berlin, IL | 217-488-6321
Monday | Closed
Tuesday | Closed
Wednesday | Deliveries Only
Thursday | 12:00 - 6:00
Friday | 12:00 - 6:00
Saturday | 12:00 - 8:00
Sunday | 1:00 - 5:30
* Recipes are intellectual property of Danenberger Family Vineyards, Executive Chef Clayton Danenberger, and Chef De Cuisine Zac Leepper.
1. Brew tea. In a large bowl or pot add the tea, brown sugar, lemon juice, salt. Bring to a boil and turn off heat.
2. While the brine is cooling, butterfly pork loin, cover with plastic wrap and pound thin with meat mallot.
3. Add pork and brine for 2 hours.
4. Roast red pepper at 350° degrees for 30 minutes, let cool and peel of skin, chop roughly.
5. Slice peaches thinly and chop basil.
6. Layer peppers, peaches and basil on butterflied pork and roll tightly. Tie with butcher’s twine.
7. Place in shallow pan and roast in the oven at 350° degrees, until internal temperature reaches 140° degrees. Remove from oven and let rest.
8. Prepare the gastrique: add all ingredients in a stock pot and bring to a simmer. Reduce until sauce coats the back of a spoon and blend.
9. Prepare the potatoes: with a melon baller, scoop out potato balls, melt down the butter and drop potatoes in. On low heat, cook them down in butter until soft.
10. Prepare the salad: with a peeler, shave rhubarb (or celery) and drop into ice bath.
11. In a bowl, dress arugula with olive oil, sea salt and lemon splash
12. Cut rolled pork loin into 1 inch slices.
13. Plate dish: add a bed of salad, potato balls, and place slice of pork roulade on top. Garnish with curled rhubarb (or celery).
Published in Eat and Explore Illinois Cookbook 2017.
For Peach Gastrique:
5 peaches, pitted
½ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup brown sugar
Pinch of red chili flake
Arugula greens (bag)
Shaved rhubarb (or celery)
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
2 Pinch of sea salt
2 Splashes of lemon juice
8 Yukon potatoes
1 ½ butter
2 Qt. Tea
1 cup brown sugar
1 lemon, juiced
½ cup salt
1 pork loin (butterflied)
1 cup roughly chopped basil
1 (roasted) red pepper
1 peach, thinly sliced